Perfect for smaller households, the Induction Heating (IH) System Rice Cooker and Warmer with the 3 cup capacity cooks as little as 1/2-cup of rice and takes up minimal space on the kitchen counter.
The model’s foremost asset is its cutting-edge Induction Heating (IH) system which, rather than relying on the traditional heat generated from the bottom of the rice cooker, utilizes induction heating principles to heat the entire inner cooking pan. This is achieved by creating a magnetic field inside the cooker, with the help of the coils placed in the bottom of the unit. Through this mechanism, the heat source isn’t restricted to one compartment of the cooker; instead, the cooking pan itself serves to heat the food whilst being able to reach high temperatures and allow precise heating adjustments throughout the cooking process. The result: exceptional rice every time.
NP-GBC05 also features the healthy GABA brown rice setting as a menu option. The rice cooker activates brown rice by keeping the temperature inside the pan at about 104°F for 2 hours prior to cooking. By activating brown rice, GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), one of the nutrients contained in brown rice, increases its amount 1.5 times as much as that contained in non-activated brown rice. The main function of this popular setting is to increase this nutritional value of brown rice as it is believed to lower blood pressure, improve kidney function, and relieve stress.
- Superior induction heating (IH) technology
- Up to 3 cups – ideal smaller households
- Stainless steel & clear coated exterior made for easy cleaning
- Detachable and washable inner lid
- Automatic keep warm
- Delay timer (2 settings)
- Menu settings include: white/mixed, sushi, porridge, brown, GABA brown, rinse-free and quick cooking
- Detachable & washable stainless steel inner lid
- Instruction manual in English, French, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- cETLus listed, tested to comply with FCC standards
- Made in Japan